March 29, 2011

Progress






Did I think this day would come?
Sure. 
I knew hearts break.
I knew they shatter, but frequently. 

Did I know you'd be the one I'd give up?
Sure.
You were a free spirit. 
I was your rebellious ribbon. 

Did I know you'd be happy without me?
Sure. 
I saw that secret smile when you let go.
I saw the bittersweet pain when you said no. 

Did I know I'd love you forever?
Sure. 
Rock candies melt. Diamonds remain. 
Baby Daddy, she dazzles. And you know. 

Did I know I would move on?
No.
Whom do I thank, now? 
Your lies. Or my pride? 

I don't know. 

7 comments:

pure said...

Diamonds do :-)

Fat Pony said...

:)

Sharon P said...

You are at your creative best. Keep writing. I love the art/pictures you have chosen.
Good job!

Soumya said...

I can ditto everyword.. awesome piece!

Ninu said...

nice......

Fat Pony said...

Thank you, ladies. :)
Will follow this up... soon. <3

Anonymous said...

I am a great friend to public amusements, for they keep people from vice.